I love Ebonics, but I’m tired of seeing it treated like a silly novelty that black people just happen to do.
Like white guys never say silly shit and have entire blogs devoted to it.
I know there’s Texts from Last Night but it’s not population specific.
Remember Texts from Bennett and how it got insanely popular bc his cousin was a ‘wigger’? Idk I’m just becoming increasingly paranoid about this shit. I wanna just ‘lighten up’ but I’m just starting to see reoccuring patterns.
i totally agree. i get really suspicious when that kind of thing gets popular. because i’m not sure everyone gets the joke. or that they aren’t secretly thing we are the joke.
‘ebonics’ ‘black venacular’ is all well and good when it’s used comically but when we try and speak about it’s complexity and beauty………….crickets.
When people can’t even speak ebonics right it makes me extra pissed. And when my white friends try to use it to connect to me like it’s caveman speak, bless em, they die early.
There ARE rules to slang, developed by the group using the slang. Respect that, or better yet, just don’t use it if you’re not part of that group. And asking for translations? Again, die early.
- palaceofposey likes this
- logarhythmic likes this
- arulpragasams reblogged this from bare-life and added:
- arulpragasams likes this
- bare-life reblogged this from wrcsolace
- 23andchildfree reblogged this from wrcsolace and added:
- rhymeswithnothing likes this
- rhymeswithnothing reblogged this from 23andchildfree and added:
- wrcsolace reblogged this from rhymeswithnothing and added:
- wrcsolace likes this
- 23andchildfree likes this
- 23andchildfree posted this